background

Friday, January 4, 2013

A New Year.

Jan here! I know it has been a while since we have made an entry. Our Christmas was wonderful here in Coppell. We had a rare snow covering that made everything look white and so beautiful. I had the song "Jesus Paid it All" in my mind all day. Especially the line that says, "sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow." The holidays were especially blessed with all the wonderful family and friends who came to town including our brothers and their wonderful wives, and our dear friends Cathy, Janice, Micah, Maddox, Marti and Gary. Our girls were here often. They are a help, blessing and great joy. The text messages, emails, cards, and letters were appreciated more than you will ever know. I am always amazed at the providential timing of them all. Also, the practical help from our dear friends here in the area with meals and such as that are dear helping hands much appreciated.

Price's cough is better! Carol, Julie, and I are all over a prolonged virus. With all the airplane flights and being around all of us, I can't believe Catherine did not get sick! I am very thankful we had one Robertson left to man the ship hospital. I go today at 3:30 pm to get the post op x-ray on my foot. I am happy to report that there have been no complications or cause for concern thus far. Looking forward to throwing my walking boot and it's associated Velcro in the trash!

Price is currently in the middle of chemotherapy course #4. He continues to tolerate it well. However, with each course he feels the effects in a greater way with regards to energy levels. We are happy that his blood count is holding since he received 2 units of blood the first of December. Even though he had the prolonged cough, he never had the accompanying cold-like symptoms the girls and I had. Depending on scheduling, he will start chemotherapy course #5 on January 18th. After that, we plan on having his 1st CT since the initial diagnostic CT. That will hit around the first of February. We are patiently waiting to hear the good news of that report!

Price is a brave, courageous, steady example of persevering while maintaining his joy and his kind, calm, benevolent spirit. After our desktop computer crashed, there were some brief moments with the computer tech support folks on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day where the girls and I saw him not himself. But I am happy to report that Price and the tech support guys eventually got it all worked out!

I am so grateful for each of you! We love you and are thankful for your persevering with us on this "Robertson Adventure".

-Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment