background

Friday, June 7, 2013

It's Good To Be Home

It is good to be home!  Price was in Presbyterian Hospital Dallas from May 23rd to May 29th.  He was initially going to have a "15 minute" procedure.  We had to laugh remembering my "15 minute" procedure back in November.  However, this "15 minute" outpatient procedure turned into a 7 day hospital stay.

My prayer from the last blog was that Price would heal up, tolerate the feedings, and get home as soon as possible.  I am comforted even now as I write this to realize that this has indeed happened.  Glory!

I will also honestly say that the last weeks of May have been a rough time for our family.  Personally, I have found the heartbreak of watching my loved ones suffer, coupled with the extreme fatigue of the mind and body, a recipe for shaking one's faith.  I have also, once again, found that He is faithful to supply richly.  I must say, this is in contrast to Price who's faith remains unshakable as well as his joy unstoppable.  I will let Price describe his journey with real physical challenges that have recently tested his faith when he is able to update the blog.

A particular "rich" blessing was to be with all our girls last weekend which included our 38th
wedding anniversary.  Price and I prayed at the onset of this Adventure that our girl's faith would not be shaken or lost.  Little did I know that they would be such a strong encouragement to me when MY faith became.....as I now like to say "worn". (I heard this song last week and related to it. I then found this youtube video of the artist talking about where the song came from. It's worth the listen if you have time.)

It is through God's Word that He has most blessed me.  There are so many verses I could choose, but I will close with this: 



Romans 8:37-39 

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." 

Love,
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment