background

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Chemo Starts Tomorrow!

I am mostly a man of action who loves challenges and likes to solve problems.  However, from the first of this adventure we have been on I have sought direction from God for every step forward, every step backward, and every season of waiting.  He has blessed me, sustained me, encouraged me, and answered prayers in a mighty and humbling way.  Most of the blessing, sustaining, encouraging, and prayers to be answered has been accomplished through all of the people God has brought to this fight.  I say all of that because today He allowed me to exercise some of my drive to be in control by dealing with insurance rules, hospital protocols, medical regulations, and other challenges that have nothing to do with healing my cancer and everything to do with the world and the disruptor.  All of the roadblocks and bureaucracy are meant to discourage and defeat one’s soul.  The verse in Isaiah 49:16 states that Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me.  I take comfort in that verse because it lets me know that I am always on God’s mind (think about how often throughout a day we look at our palms or use them as a writing tablet to document things we do not want to forget).  The second part of the verse reminds me that He is diligent to maintain the hedge of protection around me no matter what my worldly circumstance is at any one moment it time. 

What God allowed today was for me to take an active part in setting up the first of the chemotherapy sessions.  It was a glimpse of the in control Price who does not know the answer no.  I do not state that with pride, only satisfaction.  I do not presume to take any of the credit for completing the task, only that God used me like he has used all of you to get me this far down the road to healing.

What has been accomplished is nothing like my expectations were just a few short days ago.  Pretty much everything related to my treatment has changed as well as the timing of the treatment.  As it stands now I will start tomorrow morning taking one of the three chemo drugs by mouth.  Two pills in the morning and two at night for fourteen days.  Every fourth day and every eleventh day during those two weeks I will go Presbyterian Hospital for four or five hours of infusion of the two remaining chemo drugs.  The first infusion will be this coming Monday at 9:30 am.  Talk about an answer to prayer!  I am encouraged to finally be starting the process while always understanding that God is the one who is in charge of the destruction of the cancer growing in me.

As always please continue to support us in all the ways God ordains but most especially in prayer. 
 
Thank you, Price

2 comments:

  1. Standing with you in prayer, my friend! Thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continous prayers for you and your family Price. It is great to see you here at work, we get to stand with you on your first day of treatment. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete