background

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October 3- update email


Prayer Warriors,

Once again, thank you so much for your constant prayers. I am so humbled by the sheer number of you praying! I can’t tell you enough how sustaining and precious all the prayers are to me and my family! I have said it before and will say it again, they are literally like sustaining food for the soul.
I think the best update can come directly from my Dad. Here is an update email he sent to his coworkers about the meeting with the gastroenterologist today.

This Friday at noon the Gastroenterologist will do two procedures. One is an Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)  and the second is the Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP).  The second procedure is what will place the stent in my bile duct.  I know that God’s providence is in the change of date, plus my daughters will now be able to be in town for the procedure.  I can wait a little longer for relief from being yellow, itching like crazy, not having an appetite, and generally feeling blah.  I have found in my 61 years that God’s timing is perfect and I cannot get ahead of Him and His will.  He has blessed me with unshakable faith and unstoppable joy.  Those both are truly a blessing from Him, especially when I am totally dependent on the support of prayer, the love of my family, and the enormity of His army of believers.  That is not a position I have needed any more than I do now.  My God is sufficient for my needs.  The notes, thoughts, scripture quotes and personal commitment from everyone are very humbling.  As most of you know humble is sort of foreign to me but it is providing me with growth and comfort.  I am not in pain and very blessed.  Good places to be.  Thanks for being diligent in your prayer support and outreach.  Thank you, Price”

I don’t know what he is talking about when he says that humble is foreign to him. He is one of the most humble men I know!!

The doctor said the procedure Friday will take about 3 hours. My parents really like the doctor who will be doing it. He sounds like a very competent man as he is one of the best gastroenterotologists in Dallas. My mom says he is a “cracker-jack” (that is a good thing!). :)

I am headed to Dallas tomorrow! I am praising God for having the flexibility of a student schedule!
Grateful for each of you! Revelation 12:10-11

Overcoming by the blood of the Lamb,

c

No comments:

Post a Comment