background

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October 6- update email

Here is the sweet update email from my mom sent out Saturday after Dad's procedure at Presby Dallas.


Thank you so much for your prayers yesterday for Price's procedure. The stent went in PERFECTLY and I already see the yellow diminishing from his skin. This morning he even asked for breakfast which is a good sign! He is experiencing some sharp intermittent pain in his back area that we would love your continued prayers for. He says that the pain is a reminder of his dependency on God for healing and comfort.

A dear sister asked me how I was doing via text late yesterday.  My response after a brief reference to a scripture that has sustained me over decades was I am waiting for the LORD where my strength shall be renewed, I am mounted up with eagle wings, I will be running without weariness, As I walk I will not faint. 
Thank you all for  your prayers.  They availeth MUCH.  I will ask that you keep them going for the path ahead as we take each step with the Light unto our feet.  My special request is for prayer for: first, Carol, who is doing such a wonderful job in updating you all.  She is in the mist of graduate school and writing papers and trying to think about so much along with everything else.   I believe that this experience will give her amazing “education” for her life and for her future career.  But certainly pray for rest, strength, and clear thought.  During times like this one can find themselves distracted as evidenced by standing in a room not remembering why you are there and finding strange things in the fridge.  Carol has been such a source of strength.  I give thanks for her.  Second, I ask for prayers for Catherine.  Her love and support are good medicine for the soul.  This is the kind of medicine her Daddy needs most of all.  She has a unique positive attitude that is a great comfort.  And third, pray for Miss Julie.  She remains our “Shadow Solider”.  Yesterday as they were poking, sticking, piercing, scanning, and intubating, Price was thinking of all the times she has gone through that and the amazing ease with which she did it. Also, God heard your prayers because Julie had a wonderful day at the hospital yesterday without any seizures! He is faithful. Thank you for praying for her. 

It is obvious to me that having all of Price's girls here is truly a blessing to him.
We have a appointment on Monday at 2 pm with the Oncologist.   At this time we will be getting the plan to begin chemotherapy.   Thank you God for the wonderful doctors, nurses, technicians, and everyone we met in the health care field along our journey these last few days.  Bless them in their wonderful work.
Much Love to you all!!!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment