background

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

First IV Infusion Completed

This morning I was impressed by the Lord to talk about Psalm 16:5-9 The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup; Thou dost support my lot. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. I will bless the Lord who has counseled me; Indeed, my mind instructs me in the night. I have set the Lord continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; My flesh will dwell securely. There is so much of these verses that fit my current situation it is like God wrote this for me. I never have any issues with sleeping yet tonight God counseled me and instructed my mind about how securely God has me in His hands so that I will not be shaken. I have a glad (joyful) heart that rejoices and my flesh is very secure.


I had the first round of infusion of the two other chemo drugs yesterday at 9:30 am. There was no unpleasantness with the port, the drugs, the experience, or the time it took. Julie the Shadow Solider had a great time, Jan was my great supporter, and all the prayers that were being lifted up for me were very definitely felt. At one point I asked the nurse if she was sure the drugs were actually in the bags she was hanging because I was not having any issues. She laughed and assured me I was getting the full doses I was due. It is a little intimidating to see the nurse put on gowns and re-glove several times because she was handling the bags with the drugs. I realize that she hangs bags all day and it protects her from any possibility of contamination but these are very powerful drugs to warrant that kind of protection. These are the drugs being infused directly into my blood stream. It truly is God’s provision that I can be sitting here with no ill effects writing about God’s provision for my flesh. I am so confident in His provision that I will most likely be at work today. My wife has taken on the control of my blood sugar variances by setting up a sliding scale insulin regime. Evidently the Dexamethasone (steroids) really mess up the amount of glucose in the blood such that the cells cannot process it without much more insulin so it stays in the blood. All that is to say I will be checking my level and injecting insulin tomorrow before going to lunch. That is a new experience for me.


We are now into the full court press against this cancer and I really feel like we have it on the run. Thank you for your faithfulness in this battle against my flesh. I will have the next infusion next Monday at 9:30 am. Please keep praying and supporting my family. Thank you, Price

No comments:

Post a Comment