background

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The first email after the CT scan...

I sent out this email to a small group of friends on October 2 the day after the CT scan showed multiple tumors in my Dad's abdomen. It was a rough day. I have never felt so dependent on the Lord for... well, everything.

Hi friends.

Thank you all for the prayers! I literally feel them. They are like sustaining food for the soul. I am so grateful for each of you and to have such an amazing community of prayer warriors! There have been so many answers to prayer already in the way God has provided strength and peace to me and my family. I hope to capture them all at some point. Really faith-building and a beautiful reminder that God is still here in the midst of this situation. My mom calls them "love-letters", and they truly are...

My Mom, Dad, and Julie are going to see the oncologist today from 4:00 - 5:30pm. Please join me in prayer for the doctors and staff that will be a part of my father's case. Please continue to pray for complete healing, strength and peace. Pray that God would use this situation to bring greater glory to his name and that many would come to know Him as they see his power demonstrated in our lives. And pray for anything else the Lord puts on your heart. I have loved hearing the specific scriptures he has given some of you to pray. They are powerful and sustaining.

My parents are in such amazing spirits. God has given them an enormous amount of faith and trust throughout this process. It is really supernatural.

Thank you for partnering with me in this. I truly believe the prayers of a righteous man are powerful and effective. Keep praying as the Lord leads!

I love you all and am so grateful for all the visits, texts, calls, scripture, and check-ins. Thank you for loving me so well. I am humbled.

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment